Re: Plans for nmcli?

On Sat, 2010-03-06 at 16:26 -0500, Mark Renouf wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just spotted the nmcli commit on Feb 25th. This is great news. I
> recently needed such a utility for remote sysadmins to use on media
> player devices that our company manages. So far I've created a simple
> python wrapper library using python-dbus[1] but I would definately
> welcome an upstream maintained proper cli tool.
>
>  Is there anything I could contribute or help test?

For a quick start, if there's some way the tool does not match its
'help' output or if it doesn't act in a way you'd expect, that should be
fixed.  The output formatting is still pretty rough and should be
expected to change.  There's a difference between "human readable" mode
and "terse" mode, where we expect human-readable  mode to be used for
direct interaction by people with proper spacing and formatting and
whatever, and "terse" mode to be used by scripts.