Re: user settings service and fast user switching

On 08/03/10 04:24 PM, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
As far as I understand, there can be single user settings service which
is registered on system bus. How is it expected to work together with
fast user switching? E.g. I had to check something under clean user
account, so I started second X session and got warning from
knetworkmanager that one copy is already running (sure, I knew it) and
it cannot be started.

Is it a client (i.e. knetworkmanager) issue or general NM design
decision?

I actually just ran into this a few hours ago, playing with nm-applet, cnetworkmanager, and a control program I'm writing myself.

I'm very much looking forward to the answer to this.

My current workaround is for my program to alter the system settings via its D-Bus, but that's because I know that for my application it's a single-user system. Actually, the system-settings would probably apply over multiple users, if the applet was allowed to run...

--Pat