Re: Modify LAN Settings

Dan Williams a écrit :

>> Did you read this page?
>>   http://live.gnome.org/NetworkManager/SystemSettings
>>
>> Keep in mind that NetworkManager is sponsored by RedHat/Fedora.
>
> Not that that has much to do with anything.

Sorry I naively thought this had to do with things like:

- "The ifupdown plugin is used on the Debian and Ubuntu distributions,
and reads connections from /etc/network/interfaces. Since it cannot
write connections out (that support isn't planned),..."
  <http://live.gnome.org/NetworkManager/SystemSettings>

- No interest in supporting "pre-up" and "post-down" hooks which have
been successfully used in Debian for decades:
  <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.network.networkmanager.devel/13846>

> There's many other contributors from various sources, including
> companies and individuals.

Of course yes! But it just happens that some of them have (much) more
time to work on NM than others.
<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.network.networkmanager.devel/13889>

Cheers,

Marc