[ANN] NetworkManager 0.8 released

Hello everyone,

After somewhat more than a year in development, I'm happy to announce
the release of NetworkManager 0.8 and it's associated components,
network-manager-applet, the four VPN daemons, and ModemManager 0.3.

We spent the past year reworking NetworkManager to better support mobile
broadband connections, Bluetooth, IPv6, and 802.1x authenticated
connections to name a few of the big features.  Along with literally
hundreds of bug fixes.

And there's more kick-ass stuff coming for 0.8.1.  Bluetooth DUN and
DHCPv6 support have already been merged, and we're right in the middle
of adding mobile broadband signal strength (finally!) and live operator
information.  See the NetworkManager/ReleaseProcess wiki page on
live.gnome.org for more information about what's coming soon.

In the mean time, you can grab NetworkManager 0.8 and the other
components here:

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/NetworkManager/0.8/
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/ModemManager/0.3/
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/NetworkManager-openconnect/0.8/
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/NetworkManager-openvpn/0.8/
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/NetworkManager-pptp/0.8/
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/NetworkManager-vpnc/0.8/
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/network-manager-applet/0.8/

As always, for more information, check out:

http://www.gnome.org/projects/NetworkManager/
http://live.gnome.org/NetworkManager

Cheers,