problems with 3g based connections

Hi,

some days ago I have reported a curious issue with modem-manager.
My main Problem is that I'm sometimes not able to dialup a modem based 3g
connection. The connection is not listed in nm-applet in this case and in
syslog I have entries like this one:

May 21 10:055:28 nc0631 modem-manager: (tty/ttyUSB0): outstanding support
task prevents export of /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.1/usb6/6-1

@Dan, you asked me to bring more debug but I'm not able to reproduce this
issue while manually starting nm / mm in debug mode.
Therefore: is it possible to run network-manager / modem-manager per
default in debug mode while starting over upstart?

A second problem, reported by our testorganisation is that existing
connections are sometimes terminated. I cannot see the reason for this
behaviour.

And maybe there is a third problem. It looks like that it takes a long
time ~6 seconds from powering up the modem until it can be used with
network-manager. In the logfiles I see that the different ports are getting
probed with all the available plugins. Is there any way to optimize this
behaviour?

Best regards,
-- Hans-Gerd