Re: resolv.conf reproducable empty when connected to ethernet and 3g and disconnect from 3g

On Tue, 2010-07-27 at 09:53 +0200, van Schelve Hans-Gerd wrote:

> Am 23.07.2010 um 01:39 schrieb Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>:
>
> > On Wed, 2010-07-21 at 08:45 +0200, van Schelve wrote:
> >> Hi.
> >>
> >> We found a reproducable bug with NetworkManager. In the end you have a
> >> connection but resolv.conf is empty and.
> >>
> >> How to reproduce:
> >>
> >> * establish a mobile broadband connection (make sure everything else is
> >> disconnected)
> >> * Connect to ethernet in parallel
> >> * disconnect from mobile broadband connection
> >> * check /etc/resolv.conf. The file will not contain any dns server
> >>
> >> Please tell me if you need further information.
> >
> > I can't reproduce with the new NM 0.8.1 release using plain resolv.conf.
> > Are you using a system with resolvconf or netconf enabled?
> >

> Dan, What do you mean with a resolvconf or netconf enabled System?

i.e. Debian (resolvconf) or SUSE (netconf).  If you have the resolvconf
or netconf binaries installed, then you're probably using them.  If you
don't, then NM is probably set up to talk directly to /etc/resolv.conf.