Re: Timestamp on autoconnection

On Wed, 2010-07-07 at 10:21 -0300, Franco Miceli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been running some tests on the autoconnection feature of NM.
> I was wondering when did the timestamp for each connection gets
> updated. I've been monitoring the connections.cfg file while being
> connected to different AP but the timestamp field never gets changed.
> Is this what it is supposed to do, or i'm missing on something.

The timestamps are currently updated by the settings service that
provides the connection.  nm-applet updates the timestamp of any of it's
active connections on a 5-minute timer.  System connections currently
don't update their timestamps because not all plugins support timestamps
yet, though we should really make it work for those plugins that do.

Since you mention 'connections.cfg' that indicates you're not using
nm-applet, which  means that whatever GUI client you are using would
need to do the connection updating.

Dan