OpenVPN Problem

I try to connect to an OpenVPN Server (Located on an IPCop) from my
Ubuntu Box. I have Configured Netmanager with all necessary parameters
Parameters following an IPCop Howto. But there happens nothing when i
try to connect. There are not any Logmessages in /var/log/message, there
is no error message, simply no reaction. I have installed
Network-Manager and network-Manager-OpenVpn and the
Network-Manager-Applet. What could that be?

Thanks in advance
Reinhard