Re: Unstable connectivity

On Thu, 2010-01-07 at 13:17 -0500, Quentin Denis wrote:
> Dear all,
>

> I am experiencing troubles when connecting to my new private network
> under Linux (works fine with Windows). I cannot get an ip address and
> the logs tell me a bit more, but I would like to know how to proceed
> to resolve this issue. My network adapter is an Intel Wifi Link 5100
> using the iwlagn driver. Connecting to other WEP APs usually works
> flawless, it's the first time my system won't connect at all to this
> particular WEP encrypted access point.

Is the problem with the 'BELL849' AP?

If so, it looks like the user applet your computer is running (the kde
one perhaps?) is not sending the correct information back to
NetworkManager.  It appears that the connection is set for 802.1x
security (Dynamic WEP) but the applet does not respond with the correct
802.1x information.

Jan  5 16:14:41 linux-blu3 NetworkManager: <WARN>  update_one_setting(): Failed to update connection secrets: 1 802-1x
Jan  5 16:14:41 linux-blu3 NetworkManager: <WARN>  real_connection_secrets_updated(): Ignoring updated secrets for setting 'ipv4'.
Jan  5 16:14:41 linux-blu3 NetworkManager: <WARN>  real_connection_secrets_updated(): Ignoring updated secrets for setting '802-11-wireless'.

Could you tell me more about the details of your install?  Do you run
any of the Gnome, KDE, Xfce, etc desktops?

You may be able to work around the issue by deleting that connection
using nm-connection-editor and recreating it.  But I think the bug lies
in the GUI tool that's sending NM the information.  And I don't think
that's nm-applet.