Problem with HSDPA modem and network manager

To put it in a nutshel, when I power up my laptop, my HSDPA modem (GT
M378) is randomly connected as ttyUSB0 or ttyUSB2. In the first case I
can connect to the internet, in the latter I have to reboot the PC in
the hope that next time it'll be correctly mapped.

To be more clear, last part of 'nm-tool' output can be

- Device: ttyUSB0 --------------------------------------------------------------
  Type:              Mobile Broadband (GSM)
  Driver:            option
  State:             disconnected
  Default:           no

  Capabilities:

in this case everything works correctly, or

- Device: ttyUSB2 --------------------------------------------------------------
  Type:              Mobile Broadband (GSM)
  Driver:            option
  State:             disconnected
  Default:           no

  Capabilities:

and in this case I can't connect to the internet, I have to reboot and
reboot and reboot until I fall into the first case.

I've asked for help both on Ubuntu forum and on
http://www.pharscape.org: I can't get any reply.

Can you please help me in understanding what should I do to solve the problem?

I'm not subscribed to the mailing list, please send a copy of your reply to

massimiliano dot polito at gmail dot com

Thanks.

Ciao,
Max