sending persistent host name in DHCP interaction

Is there an easy way in NetworkManager to always send the persistent
host name in DHCP interactions?  I can't seem to find one.

My understanding is that most of this is left to the distribution
plugin.  Under Fedora it appears that sending the host name is not done
unless configuration files (like /etc/dhclient-wlan0.conf or
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1) are modified.  So in Fedora
it is possible to send *a* host name, but I wouldn't call the way of
doing it easy.

It appears that NetworkManager can get the persistent host name (from a
plugin) and use that.  However, no host name is sent unless
NM_SETTING_IP4_CONFIG_DHCP_SEND_HOSTNAME is true, and this defaults to
false.  I guess, then, that I'm asking how to easily set this variable.

Peter F. Patel-Schneider

PS: I would count as "easy" changing the default for
    NM_SETTING_IP4_CONFIG_DHCP_SEND_HOSTNAME to true.  :-)