Intel 6250 wimax

I am trying to install the wimax packages and get a dependency error about needing wpa_supplicant = 0.7.2-5.1
but networkmanager uses an earlier version. can this later version of wpa supplicant be used by the default networkmanager on a Fedora 14 kde install? I don't know the command to run to check which version I have and also don't know what commands to use to install the later version of supplicant for the wimax rpms necessary to use the Intel 6250 (for use on the Clear network) Any help would be immensely appreciated. The machine is a Dell Mini 1012 Inspiron running Fedora14 KDE that has been updated via yum

"Justice is the permanent reality of life, gloriously visible to those who have wakened out of the painful nightmare of self." James Allen

Eric Wheeler