Re: Providing advanced pppd option

On Fri, 2010-08-13 at 00:19 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-08-13 at 08:31 +0530, Shakthi Prasad GS wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I was trying connect to internet via samsung usb modem. But I could do
> > the same using pon poff script.
> > So I checkout NM source files and found that NM is not passing all the
> > argument which my pon script passing. After a quick hack I could manage
> > NM working with my phone. (Of course I even had problem with
> > ModemManager)
> >
> > I just added "receive-all" option to pppd command line. It worked.
> > But man pppd says "This  option should only be needed if the peer is
> > buggy."
>
> Interesting.  What specific modem is this, and can you provide the
> output of 'lsusb' when the device is connected? (assuming it's a USB
> device).
>
> I'll try to figure out how to handle this; I don't think we need a
> manual checkbox here since this is something normal users should never
> have to see; we should just make this happen automatically for the
> hardware.  Thanks for figuring this out!
>
> Dan

Its actually SAMSUNG Mobile USB Modem. I am using my mobile
phone(Samsung E1410) to connect to Internet.

lsusb says

Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 04e8:663f Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd
SGH-E720/SGH-E840
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

Apart from what I guessed is that, it may be problem with service
provider and may not associated with the modem.