Re: Blackberry Torch and Bluetooth Connections (Success!)

On Thu, 2010-08-12 at 22:49 -0400, Darren Albers wrote:
> ATT sent me a Torch today, on a whim I decided to try Bluetooth
> Tethering which did not work with any previous model I have tried
> (Storm1, Bold 9000, Bold 9700).   However this time it worked without
> a hitch!

I did commit the CREG rework about a month ago or more, and that build
should be in Fedora 13 already.  That was the last problem that I think
we had with the Storm from June.  The BB only replied to +CGREG
(packet-switched status) and always returned ERROR to +CREG
(circuit-switched status); I changed MM to use +CGREG state if +CREG
never returned success.

> I am not sure if this is a change with OS6?   I know when Dan looked
> at it earlier this year that there were a number of odd things about
> it that resulted in it not working but those seem to have been fixed
> or maybe the ModemManager update from the other day fixed it?

I think we did fix them as described above and I pushed out a
ModemManager update in late July I think.

> When I see OS6 come out for a bold 9700 I will test that as well to
> see if it is the OS that works or something specific to the Torch.

Yeah, please let me know!