Re: WAN = 3G, share=WIFI, does not turn on WIFI TX

Are you using an AP to link these laptops, or are you using AdHoc mode?

2010/8/2 Eric Lee Elliott <eric ericelliott us>
Can Networkmanager do sharing of WIFI with USB modem as WAN connection?  I've tried configuration repeatedly in various ways, without other computers detecting WIFI on air.
3G WAN to shared Ethernet works on both laptops.  Both laptops are Thinkpads with Atheros AR5212 802.11abg NICs.

If this does work in Kubuntu 10.04, where must I look for why WIFI does not transmit?

Eric