Re: Internet sharing over multiple interfaces

Hi Dan,

i wish not to inflate this conversation beyond anybody's patience..
i tried sharing a connection via WLAN again today, with no success..

what do i have to do to make this work on an ordinary GNOME installation?

* i am automatically connected via cabled DSL
* now i create a new WLAN from the bottom of the NM applet's menu.
* Next i right-click the nm-applet icon and i pick "Edit Connections..."
* in Wireless, i set the IPv4 Settings of my new WLAN to "Shared to other computers"

now i can connect to the WLAN from another WLAN enabled computer, yet i have no access to the internet that way, except on the host itself.
where am i going wrong?

That said, there are surely things we can/should do to make sharing
simpler.

 if this is only a question of configuration settings being applied, i could script out something with a friend..
the problem is, i don't have a clear set of instructions to write out in a script or batch file, since i have not even once been able to tether my cabled www connection via WLAN

anyone?