Re: howto ignore rfkill switch

On 04/22/2010 08:44 AM, Dan Williams wrote:
On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 18:49 -0600, Jim Cromie wrote:

Yes, for a number of reasons.  First, we can't usually figure out which
killswitch is for which wifi device.  It's often just not possible, plus
"platform" killswitches provided by your laptop BIOS aren't tied to a
specific wifi device.

Dan

On a similar vein, I have issues every time I resume from suspend with my HP laptop. I have both a platform rfkill and a phy0 rfkill, and soft-blocking the platform rfkill hard-blocks the phy0 rfkill.

Since NetworkManager refuses to try to unblock ANY rfkill if one is hard-blocked, I end up having to manually "rfkill unblock wifi" at resume. Is there any way to get NetworkManger to ignore the phy0 rfkill? The assumption that we can't tell what wifi device the platform rfkill applies to, is not quite true, at least for HP: I think it would be a relatively safe bet that the hp-wifi rfkill applies to whatever wifi card is internal (that is, on a non-hotpluggable PCI or PCIe port).

0: hci0: Bluetooth
	Soft blocked: no
	Hard blocked: no
1: phy0: Wireless LAN