Re: howto ignore rfkill switch

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 18:49:23 -0600
Jim Cromie <jim cromie gmail com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 4:24 PM, Vladimir Botka <vbotka gmail com>
> wrote:
> > On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 16:09:19 -0600
> > Jim Cromie <jim cromie gmail com> wrote:
> >
> >> Im willing to disable the rfkill code thats shutting things down,
> >> but would appreciate advice on how to do so, or whether theres
> >> a simpler approach that avoids code changes (my hope).
> >
> > Install the rfkill utility and check the status [1]. Maybe you
> > succeed to "rfkill unblock  .." it.
> >
> > # rfkill list all
> > 0: sony-wifi: Wireless LAN
> >        Soft blocked: no
> >        Hard blocked: no
>
> 1 - with only built-in wifi card, I get a blank list.
>
> [jimc harpo ~]$ rfkill list all
> [jimc harpo ~]$ lsmod | grep ipw
> ipw2200               115811  0
> libipw                 20827  1 ipw2200
> lib80211                4062  2 ipw2200,libipw

Yes. The same here. Just the bluetooth rfkill interface. Unfortunately
if there is no interface available I have no other hints. Maybe
pincers ?

# lsmod | grep ipw
ipw2200               193740  0
libipw                 45936  1 ipw2200
lib80211                7460  2 ipw2200,libipw

# rfkill list all
0: tpacpi_bluetooth_sw: Bluetooth
        Soft blocked: no
        Hard blocked: no