From: Mirsal Ennaime [mailto:mirsal ennaime gmail com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 11:19 PM
To: Nguyen Canh Toan
Cc: networkmanager-list gnome org
Subject: Re: Setup development evironment

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 8:38 AM, Nguyen Canh Toan
<Toannc5 viettel com vn> wrote:
> Hi all,

Hello,

> At the moment, I am trying to modifying nm-applet source code. In order to
> compiling some new source file, that I added new source files into certain
> project source directory then I modified directly into Makefile, and the
> result run correctly. But, I know that modifying directly Makefile is
wrong
> way of developing my application based on opensource code, so I try to use
> GNU build tools (aclocal, autoconf, automake).

Indeed, modifying Makefiles is the wrong way.
You'll have to modify src/Makefile.am in order to make the build
system aware of your new source files, and configure.ac for it to know
about external dependencies and build-time configuration. Run the
autogen.sh script whenever you make modifications to the build system.

I'd advise you to read about the autotools
(http://sourceware.org/autobook/ for example)

--
Mirsal