default value for autoconnect

The NM spec on
http://projects.gnome.org/NetworkManager/developers/settings-spec-08.html
says that the default value for autoconnect in the connection setting is
FALSE. But testing it with dbus-monitor --system it looks like TRUE is
the default value.

If I change some connection settings with nm-applet (or my own
Application) and disable the autoconnect checkbox the resulting
"Updated" signal from NM looks as follows:
 dict entry(
         string "connection"
         array [
            dict entry(
               string "uuid"
               variant                   string
"600d780d-d2ff-4221-b6ed-7f67f5ee24af"
            )
            dict entry(
               string "autoconnect"
               variant                   boolean false
            )
            dict entry(
               string "id"
               variant                   string "foo"
            )
            dict entry(
               string "type"
               variant                   string "802-11-wireless"
            )
         ]
      )

But if I enable the autoconnect checkbox in nm-applet the resulting
"Updated" signal does not contain the "autoconnect" entry:

dict entry(
         string "connection"
         array [
            dict entry(
               string "uuid"
               variant                   string
"600d780d-d2ff-4221-b6ed-7f67f5ee24af"
            )
            dict entry(
               string "id"
               variant                   string "foo"
            )
            dict entry(
               string "type"
               variant                   string "802-11-wireless"
            )
         ]
      )
So my question is, is that a mistake in the NM spec and "TRUE" is the
default value for autoconnect and for that reason NM skips that entry,
or did i misunderstood something? I'm using NM Ver. 0.8 on ubuntu 9.10.

Best,
Marcin Klekot