Passwords and nm-applet

Hi, people

[ system archlinux, kernel 2.6.31.3-brainfuck modified,
netbook acer aspire one, networkmanager 0.7.1, xfce 4.6.1 ]

0. The first issue - nm-applet store passwords in gnome-keyring, and
then asks for a password every time I login. Smells like offtopick
1. No network is possible before login
2. I can`t make configuration system-wide, I have to make changes in
every user account (ok, just two, but why? smells like wind***)
3. I just want to store config and passwords in textfile, with 600
rights, I think it`s enought for security? PLEASE, I HATE GNOMEKEYRING,
please please could I use something unix-way? I don`t want to invent
new bike, but it seems the simplest and right way is to write 100 lines
in perl, than use that hell of libraries, daemons etc...
4. I did`nt found where I can DISCONNECT from some network.

Please show me the way

explanation

Just started using networkmanager, due to the lack of ppp support in
wicd. I want, that my netbook start using network just from startup,
before any login for networks, that I pointed (usually my home wifi),
but when not at home, I want to switch manually between mobile-internet
and some hot-spots.

With respect
Dimitri Pekarovsky