Re: modem manager choose incorrect port for onda mt503hsa

On Fri, 2009-11-27 at 11:56 +0100, Alessandro Bono wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have an onda mt503hsa that worked without problem with networkmanager
> 0.7, after upgrade system to ubuntu karmic and networkmanager 0.8 +
> modem-manager I have a problem with correct port selection
> Modem manager sometimes choose incorrect port ttyUSB1 instead of ttyUSB2
> to open ppp connection, this depends on which port is probed first
> below a log with correct and incorrect port selection

What is the 'lsusb' output when the modem is plugged in an modeswitched?
We need to make sure the device is listed in 77-mm-zte-port-types.rules
with the correct port.  The port #s there were taken from the ZTE
windows drivers, so if this is a newer device we may need to just add
it.