Terminal interface for NetworkManager?

Hello everybody.

I am looking for a project to finish my career and my idea was to implement a complete network manager that would be controlled in the text console of a linux system with an n-curses interface. I think there are no implementations of that idea besides the "wicd-curses", an interface over wicd-daemon, in development state.

While I was seeking for some information and similar programs that would interfere with mine I found only three big projects of network managers, those are NetworkManager, Wicd and LxNM, and although my first idea was creating a complet network managing system I have reconsidered my first idea and other good plan is to develop an interface to manage NetworkManager without an X system running. It could be something like gnome-network-manager or knetwork-manager, wich work covering main network-manager package, but working in console mode.

So my question is, this idea could be possible to perform? and which could be the wingspan of the project?

Thanks a lot.
MarMarAba