Re: WPA troubles in F12

2009/11/6 Jud Craft <craftjml gmail com>:
> Is there a networkmanager troubleshooting list?  I hate to add noise,
> but I'm tired of wandering through Google for random openssl commands
> and other rain-dances.  I've been doing that with WPA-certificate wifi
> ever since I gave Linux a try again three years ago.
>
> I took the F12 upgrade to finally rid myself of Windows.  I don't just
> want -- I *need* -- to figure out why NM isn't working for me, or even
> if it is NM in the first place.  But I have no clue where to start.
>
> I see wpa_supplicant service enabled in F12.  Is there something wrong
> with my university's wifi network and certificate?  (How would I
> figure that out?  Why would all my non-Linux friends on Mac and
> Windows connect just fine?)

Most of the times it's just Linux drivers sucking. Anyway, you should
provide this list (or better, file a bug[1]) with some logs from the
kernel and NM.

You can also try to debug how wpa_supplicant and your driver are
working and send those logs too. See, for instance, Dan's explanation
of how to do that at:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/networkmanager-list/2008-March/msg00096.html

Rui

[1] https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=NetworkManager