Re: multiple active interfaces/connections in NM

I think you mean this http://www.nabble.com/Default-Routing-problems-tt22514630.html#a22545427.  I am not sure what version of NM you are running though and this is relatively now.

--
John

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 11:53 PM, CS Wong <lilwong gmail com> wrote:
hi,

Would like to know if NM is meant to cover use cases where mutiple active interfaces are used with some custom routing...

For e.g., I sit in my client's place connected to their internal network (ethernet). I can access my client's servers there but I can't get on the net. I have a 3G modem that I can plugin to access internet.

Problem is, my routes and DNS settings seem to be controlled by either one of connections only. I'd like to use both of them at the same time; i.e. both interfaces active, and together with a few custom routes that ensures intranet traffic goes out the ethernet port and everything else goes into ppp.

I can manually add routes right now, but the problem with 3G is that dropouts are pretty frequent and every time my connection gets reset, NM will reset my entire routing table. That sucks 'cos it basically means my SSH sessions to my servers in the intranet will be reset.

I'm pretty sure part of the issue is whether my NM front-end (currently using NM KDE 4 plasmoid) is capable of handling this or not but i'm willing to forget abt the front end if I can pull together a bunch of bash scripts to do what I need.

thanks
Wong