Re: How do I setup a gsm internet connection in Network Manager using a mobile phone (via USB Data Cable or Bluetooth) ?

On Thu, 2009-05-14 at 20:56 +0530, Ratnadeep Debnath wrote:
> Hi all,
> I would like to know how do I setup an internet connection in Network
> Manager via a GSM/CDMA mobile phone connected to the system via a USB
> Data Cable ot bluetooth.

Data cable will likely work.  NM does not yet support Bluetooth, though
Bastien and I have been adding that support to master since yesterday.

Right-click on the applet in your panel, then choose "Edit Connections".
Click the Mobile Broadband tab, and click the "New" button.  You'll need
to select the actual type of connection (CDMA *or* GSM, make sure you
pick the one your provider uses).  Then fill in the APN (for GSM) and
possibly also a username/password which some modems require, even though
they can be random characters.