Re: Moving ppp-manager into ModemManager

Hi Pablo,

>         what do you guys think about moving the ppp-manager part from
>         NetworkManager into ModemManager?
>
>         What is the actual reason why ModemManager doesn't handle the
>         PPP part
>         of a data connection?
>
> Because NetworkManager also happens to support pppoe and friends

and with the same argument the support for DSL modems etc. could also be
moved into ModemManager.

My problem is that if ModemManager as a standalone can not deal with the
PPP portion of a dialup connection, then it is nothing more than an AT
command parser with D-Bus interface. I am failing to see the point why
this code was ever moved outside NetworkManager to begin with then.

Regards

Marcel