Re: howto disable default multiple device activation?

Marc Herbert a écrit :
> Stephen J. Gowdy a écrit :
>> When in the office I could previously
>> do 50MB/s from my laptop. If I don't manually disable the wireless
>> connection I only get 3MB/s. The routing table looks okay;
>>
>> [root antonia ~]# route
>> Kernel IP routing table
>> Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
>> 128.141.0.0     *               255.255.0.0     U     1      0        0 eth0
>> 128.141.0.0     *               255.255.0.0     U     2      0        0 wlan0
>> default         default-route-2 0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 eth0
>>
>> but somehow it slows everything down.
>

> Your own routing table decides where you _send_ packets, not where
> you receive them. Basically you cannot tell others "please send to
> me using Fedex rather than UPS". Each IP node has its own routing
> table to decide independently

Oups sorry did not pay attention and realized that the two interfaces
are on the same network. In this case tricks like this should solve your
problem:

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/arp_ignore

Also check arp_filter in the documentation here:
<http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=blob;f=Documentation/networking/ip-sysctl.txt>