Re: NetworkManager doesnt save the ip address

Dan Williams wrote:
On Mon, 2009-03-23 at 07:42 +0100, Patrick Steiner wrote:

Dan Williams wrote:

On Fri, 2009-03-13 at 09:15 +0100, Patrick Steiner wrote:

Hi,

i have setup a openvpn tunnel and if i setup this via a simple openvpn
config file all works fine. But if i try to import (or build from
scratch) to the nm-connection-editor the Local IP Address gets lost. It
also isnt saved into the gconf file. If I open the nm-connection-editor
again I get the following error:

I've just fixed that in the NM openvpn plugin upstream (r55 and 56),
thanks for pointing it out.  Does the static key file get imported
correctly?  If not, does it actually exist in the path that config file
says it does? (ie, if no path is given it would need to be in the same
directory as the config file, I think).

Dan

I have tested the latest upstream (r59) now I am able to save the the
local ip. But there is now input field for a remote ip.
It also does not set the remote ip if I import a config file.

Remote IP should map to the "Gateway" box at the top of the VPN page.

Dan

No, the gateway is the official ip address and not the ip address of the openvpn tunnel.

Take a look at this mini howto:

http://openvpn.net/index.php/documentation/miscellaneous/static-key-mini-howto.html (Client configuration file)
 patrick