DBus interface clarification part2

Answering myself, since I got no response here, ActivateConnection requires that the connection you want to activate has been connected to in the past.  Am I correct on this?  You basically have to get the connection object from the org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerSettings ListConnections() method.  From that list, you have to find the specific connection to use.  You do so by looking in that path and the org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerSettings.Connection interface using the "GetSettings()" method.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but if this is a new access point, you cannot connect to it via dbus?  Wouldn't a simpler:

ActivateConnection(o: device, o: specific_object_to_connect_to)

work?

Please advise,
-Kev