Re: Keep a wlan active without Access Point?

Yeah, I don't even want to know why you need to do this, but I have done more obscure stuff.  Network Manager does not assign an IP address to the interface until it becomes active, even if you think you have an address assigned statically.  You could write a script to assign the ip at boot with "ifconfig wlan0 192.168.0.100" assuming your interface is named wlan0(I've seen them named eth0 and ath0 also) One caveat is that if NM tries to connect but cannot and disconnects it will remove the ip address you manually assigned.

--
John