Re: Huawei E156G anyone?

Hi Gianluca,

> I just put my hands on this cheap USB dongle and it appears I can't
> connect with it; I'm on Fedora 11,
> NetworkManager-0.7.1-4.git20090414.fc11.x86_64
>
> Now since it's possible the SIM is not yet active (grabbed it just few
> hours ago) I'd like to know if anyone here has the same dongle model
> and can confirm it works.

Most of the Huawei modems seem to work OK with Fedora but you may need
to plug it into a windows box first. I had one that was detected and
everything under Fedora but wouldn't connect. I plugged it into a
friends windows box to see if it worked OK there and as soon as I
plugged it back into my Fedora laptop it has worked fine ever since.
I'm not sure whether it gets initialised or changed into a different
mode by windows.

Peter