Re: Mobile network type support or not?

Thanks! Dan,

How to get the 'master' development branch codes? I try below from the NetworkManager official site:

git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.git
svn co svn://svn.gnome.org/svn/network-manager-applet/trunk network-manager-applet

Seems it is not the correct codes.

2009/6/3 Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>
On Tue, 2009-06-02 at 09:21 +0800, 代尔欣 wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>       Yes, the mobile broadband can work. My question is the network
> type seetings for the MB. Below codes are in
> nm-connection-editor(version 0.7.1):
>
>      /* Hide network type widgets; not supported yet */
>     gtk_widget_hide (GTK_WIDGET (priv->network_type));
>     widget = glade_xml_get_widget (CE_PAGE (self)->xml, "type_label");
>     gtk_widget_hide (widget);
>
> It seems the related UI is hidden. So user can't set those through
> nm-connection-editor. If comment above codes, you will see a new
> combobox in *MobileBroadband* config page. I also searched the related
> codes. It seems those settings are not used.

Yes, it's hidden, because NM 0.7.1 doesn't have the infrastructure to
support that.  Please see:

http://blogs.gnome.org/dcbw/2009/03/20/thats-when-i-reach-for-my-revolver/

basically, *every* vendor implements the prefer 2G/3G command
differently, which is quite annoying.

This functionality is supported on the NM 'master' development branch,
which uses ModemManager, which has a plugin architecture that allows us
to special-case whatever crackrock commands the OEM decides to impose on
users.

Seriously though, I can't believe there are like 5 different AT commands
for setting 2g/3g preference.  It's not that hard a thing to
standardize, but I guess the 3GPP got caught with their pants down.

Dan