Re: problems with accessing nm properties through dbus

Here is my output on your pyhton script:

./nm-test.py
Wifi enabled: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method "Get" with signature "ss" on interface "org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties" doesn't exist

NetworkManager is not running

So it definitely doesn't work for me.Oh and NM is running...your choice of printing "NM is not running" upon every exception is the fault.

Here the output of NetworkManager --no-daemon:

NetworkManager: <info>  starting...
NetworkManager: <info>  New VPN service 'vpnc' (org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.vpnc).
NetworkManager: <info>  New VPN service 'openvpn' (org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.openvpn).
NetworkManager: <info>  Found radio killswitch /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/dell_wlan_switch
NetworkManager: <info>  eth1: Device is fully-supported using driver 'ipw2200'.
NetworkManager: <info>  eth1: driver supports SSID scans (scan_capa 0x21).
NetworkManager: <info>  nm_device_init(): waiting for device's worker thread to start
NetworkManager: <info>  nm_device_init(): device's worker thread started, continuing.
NetworkManager: <info>  Now managing wireless (802.11) device 'eth1'.
NetworkManager: <info>  Deactivating device eth1.
NetworkManager: <info>  eth0: Device is fully-supported using driver 'tg3'.
NetworkManager: <info>  nm_device_init(): waiting for device's worker thread to start
NetworkManager: <info>  nm_device_init(): device's worker thread started, continuing.
NetworkManager: <info>  Now managing wired Ethernet (802.3) device 'eth0'.
NetworkManager: <info>  Deactivating device eth0.
NetworkManager: <info>  Error getting killswitch power: org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.KillSwitch.NotSupported - dellWirelessCtl (/usr/bin/dellWirelessCtl) not available or executable
NetworkManager: <info>  Wireless now enabled by radio killswitch
NetworkManager: <info>  Will activate wired connection 'eth0' because it now has a link.
NetworkManager: <info>  SWITCH: no current connection, found better connection 'eth0'.
NetworkManager: <info>  Will activate connection 'eth0'.
NetworkManager: <info>  Device eth0 activation scheduled...
NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0) started...
NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0) Stage 1 of 5 (Device Prepare) scheduled...
NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0) Stage 1 of 5 (Device Prepare) started...
NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0) Stage 2 of 5 (Device Configure) scheduled...
NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0) Stage 1 of 5 (Device Prepare) complete.
NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0) Stage 2 of 5 (Device Configure) starting...
NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0) Stage 2 of 5 (Device Configure) successful.
NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0) Stage 3 of 5 (IP Configure Start) scheduled.
NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0) Stage 2 of 5 (Device Configure) complete.
NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0) Stage 3 of 5 (IP Configure Start) started...
NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0) Beginning DHCP transaction.
NetworkManager: <info>  DHCP daemon state is now 12 (successfully started) for interface eth0
NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0) Stage 3 of 5 (IP Configure Start) complete.
NetworkManager: <info>  DHCP daemon state is now 1 (starting) for interface eth0
NetworkManager: <info>  DHCP daemon state is now 2 (bound) for interface eth0
NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0) Stage 4 of 5 (IP Configure Get) scheduled...
NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0) Stage 4 of 5 (IP Configure Get) started...
NetworkManager: <info>  Retrieved the following IP4 configuration from the DHCP daemon:
NETWORK DHCP DETAILS CUT :P
NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0) Stage 5 of 5 (IP Configure Commit) scheduled...
NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0) Stage 4 of 5 (IP Configure Get) complete.
NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0) Stage 5 of 5 (IP Configure Commit) started...
NetworkManager: <info>  Clearing nscd hosts cache.
NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0) successful, device activated.
NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0) Finish handler scheduled.
NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0) Stage 5 of 5 (IP Configure Commit) complete.

 Although nothing related to dbus interface stuff.Were the past ended is exactly where i run the python script...but nothing related to it happens in NM's <info>.