Re: Hal can't find the wifi device

On Mon, 2009-01-19 at 22:08 +0800, 代尔欣 wrote:
> Hi all,
>   I port the NetworkManager&applet into our embedded device. The
> NetworkManager work fine with the wired device. But the NetworkManager
> can't find the wifi device(ATHEROS ar6000). The problem is at the HAL
> can't find the wifi device.  It seems it is a wifi driver issue. Can
> you please give me some information about how wifi driver support the
> HAL? e.g. post what kind of message?

Current HAL requires that the device respond successfully to the
SIOCGIWNAME WEXT ioctl, and that it have the correct bits in sysfs to
relate the netdevice (ie, wlan0) to it's parent device.  So you'll want
to make sure that you have a /sys/class/net/wlan0 directory (or whatever
the interface is named), and that in that directory there's a valid link
called "device" that points to the PCI or USB device in /sys that
provides that net interface.