Re: Regression regarding 0af0:7211 from NM-0.7.0 to NM-0.7.1-rc1

On Sun, 2009-02-22 at 11:10 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-02-22 at 15:07 +0000, Kenneth Mokkelbost wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The in-built Option 3G card in Acer Aspire One is not working in NM-0.7.1rc1. In NM-0.7.0 i did. The card uses the hso driver.
> >
> > I've tested this with both the NM-build in the latest daily Ubuntu live-cd, and with a locally compiled 0.7.1-rc1 with the same result.
> >
> > I've attached some logs I think is relevant from both the latest live-cd (containing  0.7.1-rc1) and the latest live-cd that contained 0.7.0. lsusb and lshal is identical between versions with regards to the device.
>
> The logs indicate that NM found the Option card.  But there are a few
> issues here:

So we determined that whatever is on the latest Ubuntu Live-CD isn't
properly running the udev modem prober.  That in turn is causing NM not
to pick up the correct modem attributes and makes NM get the wrong
device.

Alexander, are the ubuntu packages installing
77-nm-probe-modem-capabilties.rules and if so, where to?

dan