Re: Running in RL 3

On Tue, 2009-02-10 at 11:52 -0800, Geoffrey Leach wrote:
> Disto Fedora 10. Original release (i.e., no updates).
>
> I need to have network manager running in runlevel 3 in order to get a
> wireless interface running. Is this possible?

Yes, using system connections.  You would benefit but updating at least
NetworkManager and possibly the kernel from the original F-10 package
set.

If your network is either open or WEP, you can configure the ifcfg files
as is normally done on Red Hat/Fedora systems, and NetworkManager will
use those connections.  Set ONBOOT=yes to have NetworkManager bring them
up automatically.  WPA is somewhat more involved, but not hard assuming
you have another machine somewhere that you can use to create the
initial connection using the GUI, then copying the config file to the
headless machine.  Google around for ifcfg files, or if you're using WPA
let me know.