Simplifying the Connections Editor

Someone called me up today asking me how to configure a manual IP
address in Ubuntu 8.10.

He was most likely intimidated by the naming of the tabs in the
connection editor dialog.

Won't it be better to make the "IPv4 Settings" tab the first thing, and
rename it to something more familiar, "Settings" perhaps?

This makes sense because nearly everytime I use the dialog, I only
change the connection name, and input the IP details, and the only tab I
use is the "IPv4 Setings" tab, where i choose the manual method, and
input the DNS servers.

This should make it a lot less confusing for users.
---
Fanen Ahua
Random quote: If you didn't get caught, did you really do it?