How to restrict allowed APs?

Hello.

I'm working in a project that provides access to IT resources to all the
schools in the region of Andalucia in Spain. One of the requirements is that
PCs can only connect to the school AP, and only in exceptional cases be allowed
 to connect to any. So we need to filter the APs that the user can see.

We are currently using a modified version of NM (0.6.4)  that locks the AP to
which a computer can connect to, but we would like to make it more clear, as
we are modifying the nm-applet code so that it doesn't show the not-allowed APs.

I thought there would be a NM-dbus function to delete an AP from the list of
detected APs, but I found none. If there were, I could make a program that
listens to dbus signals and delete the APs we don't want the user to connect to.

I know the normal procedure would be to use a "fixed" connection, but we
are still required to let the user choose between the ethernet and the wifi
connection...

What do you think could be the best solution for this case? Would be
 worth (read: useful for others) to implement a dbus function for this?