Re: No default route on 3G

2009/12/24 José Queiroz <zekkerj gmail com>:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Kubuntu 9.10 and NetworkManager from Launchpad PPA (sorry, I
> don't have the exact version number now).
>
> The wired and wireless networks goes well, but the 3G connection
> doesn't get a default route when connected.
>
> I think that the problem isn't a bug from Network Manager, but some
> residual configuration, since this notebook was originally installed
> with Kubuntu 9.04 and got upgraded and updated several times.
>
> Could someone give me some hint on where could I search these configs?

Well, if you have configured your connection in connection editor (I
don't know how it is in KDE 4, I use GNOME myself), you should see it
has DHCP enabled (otherwise just ppp0 interface gets created with
connection). You can check if you get DHCP answer from peer by
checking /var/log/syslog messages for NetworkManager with 'cat
/var/log/syslog | grep NetworkManager'.

Cheers,
Peter.