Re: NM-vpn no vpn secrets

On Sun, 2009-12-06 at 22:55 +0100, Ferry Toth wrote:
> I confirm this issue.
>
> However in my sometimes NM connects to the vpn (openvpn) without
> problems and sometimes is doesn't. This does not depend on the openvpn
> server as other machines work fine,as well a previous version of
> nm-applet.
>
> I my case I have a CA cert, a certificate and a key cert (which does
> not need a password).
>
> It may be a problem with the state machine of the networkwork manager?

If you want more information about the problem, you can (as root):

1) killall -TERM nm-openvpn-service
2) OPENVPN_DEBUG=1 /usr/libexec/nm-openvpn-service
   (or wherever it's at on your system, Debian doesn't use libexec)

and then try to connect.  It'll spew out a load of debugging information
which is necessary to figure out what's going wrong.