Problem with Toshiba L300 wireless interface
- From: john <john og co nz>
- To: networkmanager-list gnome org
- Subject: Problem with Toshiba L300 wireless interface
- Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 17:36:16 +1300
This may not be the appropriate list but ...
I have a Toshiba L300 (bought in NZ) and the wireless has never worked
under OpenSUSE 11.0.
After googling about the problem, I followed the advice of one site and
installed madwifi modules using Yast2 from the madwifi OpenSUSE 11.0
repository, and I blacklisted the ath5k module.
ath_hal: module license 'Proprietary' taints kernel.
ath_hal: 0.9.18.0 (AR5210, AR5211, AR5212, RF5111, RF5112, RF2413, RF5413)
PCI: Setting latency timer of device 0000:03:00.0 to 64
wifi%d: unable to attach hardware: 'Hardware revision not supported'
(HAL status 13)
ACPI: PCI interrupt for device 0000:03:00.0 disabled
1. lspci reveals that the wireless chipset is Atheros AR242x (not the
AR5210 etc expected).
It is located at 03:00.0 and the numeric stamp for the AR242x is
2. The device (wifi0, or ath0, or wlan0) never gets created.
3. Might ACPI be contributing to the problem?
4. Is the AR242x designation a maverick?
Can anyone shine light on this?
] [Thread Prev