Re: Writing a script to multiple versions of DBus API

On Tuesday 08 December 2009 12:55:21 Maxwell Chiareli Xandeco wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm writing a simple python script to manage a broadband connection.
>
> I'm using the Disconnect() method from Device interface to close
> connection, that works fine with the 0.8 version, and on the 0.7 version
> I need to use the DeactivateConnection ( o: active_connection ) method
> from NetworkManager interface.
>
> My question is, what is the best approach to verify API version and call
> the correct method.
>
> Cheers
> Maxwell

I think currently there's no clean method as the version is not exported via
DBus.
However a patch for it has been already proposed on this list:
http://markmail.org/message/fighzuuvfoyy2lzz

In that thread you can also find some hacks to distinguish versions.

Jirka