Re: gnome-keyring integration

On Sun, 2009-12-06 at 01:45 -0800, Kevron Rees wrote:
> I looked around for a while but couldn't find out the exact
> requirements for NM to work correctly with gnome-keyring.  I have a
> really custom ubuntu-based distro and NM always asks me for my wpa
> passkey.  I've tried running gnome-keyring-daemon but no dice yet.  Is
> there something I'm missing?

Is gnome-keyring-daemon started by your session manager?  It should be
spawned by your session manager when the desktop logs in, and
gnome-keyring-daemon will print out a socket address on stdin which you
then insert into the environment of every other program.  The session
manager will usually take care of this for you, since every program on
the desktop is a child of the session manager, they will all inherit the
session manager's environment, and thus also the gnome keyring socket
address.