Ad-hoc connection extra information

Hi,

in Sugar I would like to transfer a string with my ad-hoc connection containing the color of the user creating the ad-hoc network. Does anyone know if there is an extra field I can use? Otherwise I could add it to the essid, but this is hacky of course.

About signal strength: The creator of an ad-hoc network, will see a signal strength of 0 in the UI. Maybe this should be set to 100% ? AFAIK, I do not get a signal strength from NM when creating an ad-hoc network. Intentional?

Thanks,
   Simon