Re: Disable/Ignore access point

Quoting Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>:

Yes, I mean Network Manager itself connected to the linksys even though
I erased it.  I even stopped NM, killed nm-applet, killed gconf, deleted
all the files, and restarted everything, and it *still* connected to
the linksys network against my wishes.

When you say "killed gconf", you mean 'rm -rf ~/.gconf' and then
'killall -TERM gconfd-2' or something else?

gconftool-2 --shutdown

Then rm -rf ~/.gconf/.../linksys  (I removed the linksys directory
in the wireless networks list)

I shouldn't have any system connections..  At least I'm pretty sure I
never set any up.  How do I check?

If you run the connection editor, you'll see all the connections defined
on your system.

And there are a bunch of "Auto ..." networks there, but not in any
particular order which makes it hard to find one in particular.

Dan

-derek

      warlord MIT EDU                        PGP key available