Re: Newbie question on occasional NM problem

On Sat, 2009-04-25 at 13:41 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I'm running Fedora-10/KDE on a few laptops,
> and have just joined the NM mailing list,
> having moaned about (and sometimes praised) NM on the Fedora mailing list
> for several years.
>
> I'm currently using a Thinkpad T43 with a PCMCIA classic Orinoco gold WiFi
> card.
> I guess NM connects fine about 85% of the time when I boot up.
> The other 15% of the time it doesn't connect,
> and I have to re-boot.
> It then connects about 75% of the time;
> in the remaining cases it connects on the third try.

Looks like the orinoco card isn't returning your AP in the scan results
perhaps?  Can you run 'nm-tool' when you notice NM not connecting to
your AP automatically, and report what it says for the wireless networks
that 'eth1' can see?  Do you see your AP if you run 'iwlist eth1
scan' (as root)?