Re: Novacom GNS-60IU - how to add support

On Sun, 2009-04-19 at 15:39 +0400, Alex Williams wrote:
> > At the moment, NM doesn't work with POTS/56k modems, only mobile
> > broadband devices.  I assume you've got modem connected to one of these?
>
> My modem is http://novacom-wireless.com/catalogue/?id=23&c=10
> I think you right - it's a POTS modem... Thank you for information -
> everything clear now...
> I have programming experiense - how hard it will be to add such modem into NM?..

Depends on how odd the modem is, what sort of initialization it
requires, and how screwed up the ISP's PPP server is.  I haven't started
to look into this yet, but I do remember a lot of variation back in the
late 90s with ISP authentication procedures.  For starters we just go
with simple I think.  What sort of wvdial config do you have for it?