Re: dhclient options in dispatcher scripts

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 6:26 PM, Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:
On Mon, 2009-04-13 at 23:21 +0300, Nick Palamarchuk wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to write some dispatcher scripts to add classless static routes
> support for my connection.

The server doesn't push these down for you?

Yes, server does. And I have specific options in dhclient.conf for them:

option rfc3442-classless-static-routes code 121 = array of unsigned integer 8;

interface "eth0" {
request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, routers, ntp-servers,
        domain-name, domain-name-servers, host-name,
        netbios-name-servers, netbios-scope, interface-mtu,
        rfc3442-classless-static-routes;
}

But how I can get that option value from dispatcher script?
It was easy to get the option from dhclient-exit-hooks, because it runs from dhclient enviroment where necessary variables are set.

If not, you can also add routes through the NM connection configuration
too.  See the connection editor, IP4 tab, Routes... button.

Not the solution, because I have to get routes from dhcp. They can change.

Dan