How to connect to a WPA network that uses 10 hexadecimal digits as password

Hi,

I'm in a hotel currently and the wifi uses WPA encryption and password
is a 10 digit hexadecimal number. When I use this number in Windows it
works fine. However if I use NetworkManager it doesn't. If I look at
the password that's actually being stored by NetworkManager I a
hexadecimal number that is much larger. I'm assuming that's the hash
of the password I'm entering. However I think in this case it should
not take the hash but use the 10 digit hexadecimal number directly.

Is this possible in NetworkManager?
Are my assumptions correct? (I've never seen this WPA with a 10digit
hexadecimal password before)

Thanks

Jaap